Friday, September 01, 2006

Primo's Last Stand

I received some flak for my Primo's post. Elizabeth commented that I should try the Schwartzie. Brett suggested that I try earlier in the day when the Sarcone's rolls are softer. I figured I'd try one more time.

I walked in today and the place was bumping. There were bags and bags of sandwiches awaiting delivery -- much different than my Saturday trip.

I ordered the Schwartzie -- with pickles and Swiss Lorraine (sharper and less fat than your standard Swiss).

The bread was softer, the corned beef thinly sliced and plentiful. The cole slaw and pickles gave the sandwich a nice crunch. The Russian dressing was probably a little too plentiful, but who's counting. The only drawback was that they didn't cut my hoagie in half.

So Primo's gets a plus in my book thanks to Brett and Elizabeth. I guess the best thing a place can have is an extremely supportive fan base...

No comments: