Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Bucks County (Iced Coffee Review)


I'm mildly obsessed with coffee. If you put six different iced coffees in front of me sans labels, I could tell you where each one is from. One of my favorites is Bucks County.

The iced coffee at Bucks County has a nice smooth body, relatively low acidity, and a slight hint of mocha (don't worry, you're not getting a frappuccino instead of an iced coffee). It is, however, quite pricey, as a small at $2.56 is nearly double the price of the small at Au Bon Pain ($1.39). Thus, this is well worth it on a hot summer's day, but hardly an everyday purchase on this student's budget.

Bucks County also recently received Philadelphia Magazine's "Best In Philly - Iced Coffee" -- I am not alone.

Bucks has seemingly gotten rid of their huge and delicious pastry selection in favor of sandwiches from Le Bus. While I haven't tried them yet, I'm a little mixed -- the old Bucks County sandwiches were horrible, but the pastry selection is pretty sparse these days.

Bucks County Coffee
Various Locations
Buckscountycoffee.com

No comments: