Saturday, September 09, 2006

New Feature: Recipes

So I don't only like to eat, I also like to cook. Periodically, I'm going to share a recipe that I've created for some of my favorite foods...

I'm on a little bit of a barbecue kick. Luckily, since my readership is quite discerning, you all realize that I'm talking about sauce and meat, and not coals and meat. Big difference. While barbecue purists will be appalled by what I do, I can make a decent pulled chicken in maybe 20 minutes.

Quick Chopped/Pulled Barbecue Chicken

Ingredients:
2 lbs chicken breasts
1/2 medium onion
1 bottle of Trader Joe's BBQ sauce (I like the smoky taste of it)
Oil

1. Chop the onion and heat in a saucepan (oiled) until tender. Remove from flame and set aside in mixing bowl.

2. Cut chicken into strips, and heat in saucepan on low/med heat. Keep the lid on the pan, yet turn the chicken every few minutes. By keeping the lid on, you'll create a steaming effect which will keep the chicken nice and moist. When the chicken is cooked, remove from heat and let stand for 10-20 minutes.

3. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and either a) chop or b) manually pull the chicken apart. I chop, as I'm lazy. Place the chicken in the mixing bowl with the onion.

4. Slowly mix in your barbecue sauce. Make sure all of the chicken is coated with sauce.

5. Enjoy!

This was a pretty simple one, but hey, I'm a student (as are many of my readers) and don't necessarily have time to be more complex...

No comments: